Saturday, March 31, 2012

Poverty Nor Riches

Proverbs 30:8-9 "Keep deception and lies far from me, give me neither poverty nor riches; Feed me with the food that is my portion, that I not be full and deny You and say, "Who is the Lord?"

I love it where the Apostle Paul said, "I have learned to be content in all things...."  The key to that passage of scripture is the word learned.  Contentment does not come easy for us.  That is why Solomon wrote, "give me neither poverty or riches." 

We must learn to become content and I believe one way to learn contentment is to be grateful for what I do have and quit thinking about what I don't have.  It is an decision of will to change my focus.  I choose what I will dwell upon and I move in the direction of my most current dominant thought.  On this Saturday morning what are you choosing to dwell on.  Where is your focus?  What can you choose to dwell on that will make you grateful.  Think on that today.

Pastor Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Fear Crowds Your Mind

    There is a monster lurking in the dark recesses of your mind. He stays pretty quiet until you begin to venture into...