Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Family Day!

James 4:14 - "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."
I have had the great privilege of hanging out with my two grandchildren the past 4 days.  I always have a great time with them.  Drew will be 11 in about 20 days and Carlee is now 8.  Sandy and I have been vacationing every summer with them every year since they were small children.  As a matter fact, Carlee was 3 and Drew was 6 when we spent our first week with them.  Over the past few days we have been recalling all the things we have done together and all the places we have visited.  We are taking them to Pinetop and Bison Ranch Arizona in June for 10 days.  I can't wait!  We spent some time on the computer yesterday looking at pictures of the area and getting excited about our upcoming trip.

Life is short.  James says it is a "vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes."  You and I rush headlong from birth to death without giving much thought for the little moments in life.  Let's you and I make the most of every moment.  Let's determine not to move so fast through life that we forget to make the memories that will last a lifetime.  I was amazed at how much my grandchildren remember from out first vacation together and as I said they were only 3 and 6, but they remember every detail in vivid color.  No one will be able to take that away from them and I am glad.

Pastor Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Fear Crowds Your Mind

    There is a monster lurking in the dark recesses of your mind. He stays pretty quiet until you begin to venture into...