Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Loving Deeply From the Heart

1 Peter 1: 22 “Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart. 23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.”

The New Testament is filled with scripture after scripture telling us to love one another, build up one another, care for one another, encourage one another, forgive one another, and here Peter gives us the greatest scripture of all, “love one another deeply, from the heart.”


Oh how we long to be loved, it is man’s deepest desire. Each one of us longs to be loved unconditionally and to be accepted for who we are. The church should be a sanctuary of love a place where we find people who look beyond our faults and see our needs…a place where we can rejoice in our Savior Jesus Christ, apart from personal preference or having a “me” mindset.

When we love ourselves more that we love others, it becomes very apparent as it has to be about me…my wants…my desires…my likes and dislikes.  But, when we love others deeply from the heart, it becomes about them…what they need…what they like…and their desires.

Oh God, please let us love with action and not with words.  I want to love like that… I want to love others deeply from my heart.

Pastor Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Fear Crowds Your Mind

    There is a monster lurking in the dark recesses of your mind. He stays pretty quiet until you begin to venture into...