Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Keep Watch!


Matthew 24: 42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into."

There is much speculation as to when the Lord might come. We have all heard the multiple prophecies and have seen the dates come and go and we might get the feeling that all is well and we have plenty of time. Of course, that might be true for no man knows the day or the hour when Jesus is coming, but the words of Jesus still ring true. KEEP WATCH!

The truth to stay focused on is not when he is coming, but the fact that He is coming.  KEEP WATCH! He tells us to keep focused on Him for when we least expect He will arrive.  Keeping watch is more than just reminding ourselves that He might come today, even though that is important.

•Keeping watch means that I keep my heart right, I stay away from anything that might hinder or slow down my walk with Him. 
•Keeping watch means that i stay connected to Him through prayer and the study of His word. 
•Keeping watch means that I stay connected with other believers so we can strengthen and encourage one another. 
•Keeping watch means that I am faithful to God's house and go in weekly for instruction in His Word.
•Keeping watch means that I keep my attitude right and I love at all times,.
•Keeping watch means that I support the work of God financially with my generous giving so that God's Word can continue to be spread around the world...

KEEP WATCH!  If you haven't been doing so, today would be a good day to start.


No comments:

Post a Comment

When Fear Crowds Your Mind

    There is a monster lurking in the dark recesses of your mind. He stays pretty quiet until you begin to venture into...