Monday, March 7, 2011

The One Thing!

We have just completed our series on "Prayer Changes Me"  so I found it interesting that this passage of scripture came to me in my morning devotions.  Psalm 27:4 – “I’m asking God for one thing, only one thing:  To live with him in his house my whole life long.  I’ll contemplate his beauty; I’ll study at his feet.
I was listening to a video on prayer from Francis Chan when he quoted this scripture.  He gave an overwhelming presentation on prayer in his hour long video.  I recommend you watch it, I have posted the link at the bottom of this blog.
Could it be that in our prayer time, we focus on too many things and use our prayer time to shout out to God our wish list.  Instead, shouldn't we use a portion of that time to just sit in his presence and contemplate his beauty.  I think we have missed the whole point of prayer.  Prayer is our time to connect with God on a more intimate level.   Sure we want to make our requests known to him, but I would rather be known by him and get to know him.  I am sure that is the most powerful dynamic of prayer.
Take some time this week to just sit in his presence.  Don't ask for anything or expect anything.  Just live with him in his house and contemplate his beauty and study at his feet.  That will change you, that will change me and that will change the world.

1 comment:

  1. After my weekend I wanna read "Crazy love" by Francis Chan, One of my most spritual weekends I ever had. Thanks Pastor Awesome sermon!

    ReplyDelete

When Fear Crowds Your Mind

    There is a monster lurking in the dark recesses of your mind. He stays pretty quiet until you begin to venture into...