Monday, March 21, 2011

Count Yourself Lucky!

"Count your self lucky, how happy you must be - you get a fresh start, your slate's wiped clean.  Count yourself lucky - God holds nothing against you and you're holding nothing back from him.  When I kept it all inside, my bones turned to powder, my words became daylong groans.  The pressure never let up; all the juices of my life dried up.  Then I let it all out; I said, I'll make a clean breast of my failures to God." Suddenly the presure was gone - my guilt dissolved, my sin disappeared." Psalm 32:1-5 (Msg.)

Oh, how lucky we are to have all of our sins forgiven!  The pressure of a guilt filled life is gone.  Your sins, my sins have been removed away from us as "far as the East is from the West, never to be remembered again." 

I vividly remember the day I came to Christ.  When I confessed my sin and asked Christ to come into my life...when I let it all out,  I felt God wipe my slate clean...I felt like I was on cloud nine.  My guilt dissolved and my sin disappeared.  Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Fear Crowds Your Mind

    There is a monster lurking in the dark recesses of your mind. He stays pretty quiet until you begin to venture into...