Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Quiet Place

Psalm 27:5 (Message Bible) "That's the only quiet, secure place in a noisy world, the perfect getaway, far from the buzz of traffic."

I woke up at 4:00 a.m. this morning with a trillion thoughts running through my head.  I went over the activities of my day, mentally checked over my to do list, which is ever burgeoning, thought about my taxes which I have to prepare, and as you know April 15th is right around the corner, and wondered what all of it meant.  I mean why couldn't all of that have waited until I was to officially awake at 6.00 a.m.  I am sure you have experienced the same thing.  I fought to get back to sleep but with no avail.  So I chose to get up and do my morning routines to start the day.

And, as God would have it, I continued on with my devotional reading from yesterday where David talked about living with God in his house (Psalm 27:4) and the next verse jumps off the page at me... "That's the only quiet, secure place in a noisy world, the perfect getaway, far from the buzz of traffic." 

The buzz of traffic...the mental stuff that invades my mind and tries to steal my peace.  A noisy world... all those annoying things that try to crowd out God and rattle my security. 

So early this morning I go to God's Oasis...a quiet place...the perfect getaway and I lose myself in Him and.......what was that?  I think I heard a pin drop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Fear Crowds Your Mind

    There is a monster lurking in the dark recesses of your mind. He stays pretty quiet until you begin to venture into...