Thursday, December 13, 2012

In a Deep Spot

Jonah 2: 1From inside the fish Jonah prayed to the Lord his God. 2He said:
“In my distress I called to the Lord, and he answered me.
From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help, and you listened to my cry.

I love how the Lord always hears our prayers when we are in the deep stuff of life. It really doesn't matter what we did to cause it either, and let's be honest, most of the time we caused it. :0( But God always uses the rough spots of life to gain our attention and to get us to refocus on Him. Jonah said, "In my distress I called out to the Lord! From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help..." I can;t tell you how many times I have been in that same spot (not in the belly of a whale) but in the belly of my own discouragment, distress, and depression. But like Jonah I cried for help and I love how he completes the sentence..."and you listened to my cry!"
Where do you find yourself today? In what deep spot have you landed. In that spot learn a lesson from Jonah, cry out to the Lord and he will listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Fear Crowds Your Mind

    There is a monster lurking in the dark recesses of your mind. He stays pretty quiet until you begin to venture into...