Tuesday, December 18, 2012

God's Unfailing Love

Psalm 138: "1 I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the “gods” I will sing your praise. 2 I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness, for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame.
3 When I called, you answered me; you greatly emboldened me.
4 May all the kings of the earth praise you, Lord,when they hear what you have decreed.
5 May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great.
6 Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar.
7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life.You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.
8 The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord, endures forever—do not abandon the works of your hands."
"I will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness. What can a person really add to that. When you reflect on the fact that God loves us with an unfailing love, it stirs the emotions. Hey, I have been betrayed by many people whose love is constantly failing. They have hurt me, lied about me, slandered my name, and tried their best to destroy my character, but God's love is unfailing and he remains faithful even when all others have become unfaithful.

That is one constant we can rely on. God will always love us and will always stand by us, no matter what. It was while we were still sinners that He died for us and while we were his enemies that he went to the cross to redeem us (buy us back.) So we can rest assured that His love and faithfulness will see us all the way to the end. No wonder the Psalmist cried out...""1 I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the “gods” I will sing your praise." I too join him in that echo of praise today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Fear Crowds Your Mind

    There is a monster lurking in the dark recesses of your mind. He stays pretty quiet until you begin to venture into...