Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Rock!

Psalm 61:
1 Hear my cry, O God;
   listen to my prayer.

 2 From the ends of the earth I call to you,
   I call as my heart grows faint;
   lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For you have been my refuge,
   a strong tower against the foe.


There are times in life when our feet feel like they are on sinking sand.  It becomes increasingly difficult to find solid footing and we feel like we are expending a lot of energy trying to move forward, but getting no where.  If you have ever been to the sand dunes at Pismo Beach in California or the White Sands in New Mexico you know what I am talking about.

But our scripture this morning makes it clear that Christ is our solid rock. Let's get our feet firmly planted in Him.  The Psalmist tells us that "He orders our steps."  So rather than trying to walk quickly through the sand and get no where, why don't we just sit for awhile, wiggle our toes in the sand, and enjoy the view.  It could be the sand is right where we need to be for the moment.  In the sand we can find that he is our high tower and our strong refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Fear Crowds Your Mind

    There is a monster lurking in the dark recesses of your mind. He stays pretty quiet until you begin to venture into...